1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Vol 4, Ep 6: Tipping Point

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Dec 10, 2016.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Just a few more hours

2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

3. heavysupportgunsmith

heavysupportgunsmith Well-Known Member

UhHhuuuu
    im gonna assume shit goes down in this episode since i dont have first membership

4. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

Well... Weiss agrees that there have been enough new recurring characters.

Aznpride1207 and Cybuster like this.
  5. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

My thoughts

So it seems that Ruby didn't realize it would take them this long to reach their destination. Makes sense since she grew up in a small area and it shows she still has a lot to learn about the world.

Cool to finally get some of Ren's backstory. I think the way he gave that exposition was a bit clunky but otherwise it was a decent scene.

Seems Weiss's dad was oblivious to the not so subtle jabs thrown at him in Weiss's song.

I was worried when Henry showed up, I was thinking this guy will be a waste of screen time, but then Weiss told him GFTO out and I was relieved. Hope we don't see him again.

While I felt the scene was overall effective, I felt it was a bit heavy handed in how it showed the Atlas high class as stereotypical snobs.

So it seems the key to Weiss's summoning is strong emotions, since both times we see it happen that seemed to be the trigger. It does seem a bit odd that she could do it by accident in a non combat situation. Theory time, it was actualy Whitley who summoned it, in order to make Weiss look bad.

Ironwood speaks the truth.

Wow that Tyrion fight, It's not Montey level by any means and I'm sure those with expertise in animation will find a million things wrong with it. But from my point of view it easily blew everything this volume (and arguably volume 3's best stuff) out of the water. So my hats off atleast.

So Tyrion is a scorpion faunus, well I didn't see that coming even with the not so subtle foreshadowing in his design.

Yeah I thought Tyrion was lame before, but I think I'm gonna do a complete 180 and come around to enjoying him.

So it seems our villains (or at least Tyrion) see Salem as some kind of god, well that's an interesting tidbit.

Qrow's entrance was pretty cool and they actualy did a good job of building tension as to whether he would make it in time.

I have my complaints (mainly being a bit heavy handed in places) but overall I think this is the best episode of the volume so far.

STRQWinter likes this.
  6. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

Regarding the summon at the ball, something that points to it being Weiss' is that it was one of those hog grimm that we saw her kill back in Volume 1 (a nice bit of continuity) and the Schnees can only summon what they have already defeated.

Aznpride1207 and Bluehair like this.
  7. Lazy

Lazy Well-Known Member

This cliff hanger makes me think that Qrow is on the chopping block next week...

STRQWinter likes this.
  8. Demetrion

Demetrion Member

I am at loss of words. This episode was so good. And I mean GOOD. Tide has changed. Tomorrow I'll compose my thoughts, but for now just emotion: pure excitement.
    Also, if by any chance next week will be WoR... I will chant "Let's just live" like a mantra until Ep.7 will be released.

Aznpride1207 and STRQWinter like this.
  9. TheOmegaDynasty

TheOmegaDynasty Well-Known Member

What could it mean?
    [​IMG]

Also calling it right now that Ruby is going to totally lose an eye. A lot of shots she's in has her hair over one eye (which could be coincidence or foreshadowing), and Tyrion has a huge eye kink. I don't have any definitive proof but still going to call it.

10. HiBob

HiBob Active Member

You see what happens when you avoid unneeded comic relief, you get an episode that is good and enjoyable for nearly the whole time. I bet Ruby wished she paid more attention back at Beacon because objects on the map are farther than they appear. Ren giving us a look into his past and unlike Blake he is actually an orphan, well at least he has Nora. Speaking of people who need a friend, Weiss singing was funny yet depressing as it makes me wish she was with people who actually care about her and not her old man. So getting to the titular tipping point, Tyrion is a scorpion faunus which is awesome and I have to say the fight was enjoyable and the best of the volume so far. Oh that cliffhanger! Qrow vs Tyrion is going to be wild.
    Still wish Ruby got more as the main character and why does Jaune have to be special?

snowball17 likes this.