1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Vol 4, Ep 6: Tipping Point

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Dec 10, 2016.

1. White Raven

White Raven Well-Known Member

After Qrow Vs Tyrian is over, I wonder if Jaune will later have a angsty moment of "I wasn't strong enough to protect my friends..." Of course he wasn't. None of his friends were either. They're first year students against an elite fighter loyal to Salem. Anyway, if Jaune starts to think like that, it would be nice for Ruby to find him and talk to him. She can bring up that she saw him train in the middle of the night while listening to Pyrrha's video. Jaune could use some comfort, but I like to think that Ruby too needs some.

Some might see a scene like that as a Lancaster moment, but I like to see it more as a moment where two friends comfort each other.

I like RNJR. Their moments are funny. They have a lot of charisma together. What I want to see, however, is them talking more to each other. I don't mean talking about where to go, where to stay. I want them to bond more, open up, talk how they are feeling, about Pyrrha. Sadly, I think they have already done that a lot during many months they have been together. That's why I really don't like the time skip, because we have missed out on so much.

I'm not giving up though. There are still several episodes left of this volume. It's great and touching to see that Jaune has not gotten over Pyrrha's death. But what about Ruby, Ren, and Nora? Ren and Nora were Pyrrha's friends and teammates. So far they have said, shown or done nothing to suggest how they're dealing with her passing. Did they do that during the time skip, too? Ruby at least seems to be having nightmares, and is for some reason hearing Pyrrha's voice.

2. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Part of me thinks we won't see this angsty moment you're talking about (at least under these specific circumstances) because Jaune really didn't have a real 1v1 fight against Tyrian. Tyrian was just kinda bouncing around taking them all on at once. If it had been the case where there truly was a 1v1 moment and Jaune got absolutely stomped, I might agree with you, but we really didn't see that.

3. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

You know I think there's a small chance Raven might (for a lack of a better term), sneak in the back door and capture Ruby for herself. Ruby would make a good hostage for her, to use , to get the info she wants out of Qrow and a silver eyed warrior would come in handy to her.

Not mention it would actualy be very easy for her to nab Ruby under the current circumstances. Qrow and Tyrion are preoccupied with each other and Ruby is in no condition to defend herself.

STRQWinter likes this.
  4. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Why would Raven want Ruby (other than because Salem wants her)? If she already has the Spring Maiden (allegedly) she's already got a pretty powerful bargaining chip should the need arise.

It's not the worst idea since it seems like Raven might be collecting things/people simply so that Salem doesn't have them, and she might be curious about why Ruby is so special (and the timing works like you mentioned), but I don't think curiosity is a strong enough reason for Raven to do this.

5. Cybuster

Ruby is pretty much being kryptonite to one of Raven's trump cards is certainly a good reason for her to be a priority to Raven. Raven want's to know what Qrow knows about the relic, but dosn't want to let him know about the Spring Maidens whereabouts. With a hostage she can get the info she wants without having to give up anything in return.

Raven knew Summer personally, it's quite likely that she knows about the silver eyes.

#135 Cybuster, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  6. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

The problem is that Raven likely doesn't know Ruby specifically exists, or is Qrow's niece. All she would know is that Salem is after a Silver-Eyed girl. She left the picture well before Taiyang rebounded with Summer and had Ruby.

Even still, that's a pretty dick move to get to Qrow like that, but then again, this is Raven we're talking about.

7. Cybuster

Raven seemed aware of Team RWBY's actions to some degree, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for her to know who Ruby is. Even is she didn't know exactly who Ruby is, it wouldn't be hard for her to figure out that the girl Qrow has been secretly following around, is important to him.

8. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

That's a lot of leaps in logic when she would really only view the rest of team RWBY as "Yang's teammates" and nothing more, and her saving Yang was literally her first (and thus far only) encounter with anything having to do with Team RWBY. She's certainly not paying enough attention to know specifically what happened to Yang without Qrow telling her, or anyone else for that matter. All she knows is that Beacon fell, but she has no idea as to who was actually there when it happened.

Plus, Raven didn't express any interest in what Qrow was doing when they spoke, so I don't think she was really paying attention to him following Ruby. She, or someone in her Tribe, probably just happened to see that Qrow was in the area, and just dropped in on him in order to use him for information. She wouldn't have been actually following Qrow this whole time because she's off doing her own bandity thing.

9. Cybuster

Fair enough, either way I said it was a small possibility, not a certainty.

10. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

On another matter, does anyone else think the relic might be Ozpin's cane that Qrow is carrying around with him? After all, Salem is searching through the rubble of Beacon for it, presumably because that's where Ozpin's body was last. Could be an "Elder Wand" situation like in Harry Potter.

Aznpride1207 likes this.