1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Vol 4, Ep 7: Punished

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Dec 24, 2016.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

2. jan

jan Well-Known Member

Guys Ozpin is a fucking Jedi

Weiss you have a sword, you have a sword, STAB YOUR ASS OF A FATHER

Edit: Qrow you magnificent basterd don't you die on me

#2 jan, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Ipsi likes this.
  3. Mudkip

Mudkip Well-Known Member

The new episode was great, what I picked up was:
    1. Mr.Schnee is a bigger asshole than I thought
    2. I really want to know why Ozpin became part of Oscar, it's probably cause of destiny.
    3. The fight scene was awesome. Needs more mudkips though.
    4. I was wrong,Qrow didn't die. He just nearly died.
    5. RWBY finally swore. I wonder what the little kids watching will think of that.

Aznpride1207 likes this.
  4. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

My thoughts.

Don't know how to feel with Oscar's scene. While it did have an emotional impact and got across what he's going through effectively, I'm just not so sure this plot point in of itself is a good idea.

I really liked the scene with Weiss and her dad. It had a very simple but effective way of getting across that Jacques married into the family (one I said would be a good idea to boot). But once again that revelation is hurt by the fact that WoR already revealed it.

Jacques continues to the biggest piece of shit in the series. He might actualy be the best antagonist, he has that Umbridge style hateability about him, that all the other baddies lack. I really want to see how the rest of Team RWBY and their friends interact with him, or more specifically see Taiyang beat the piss out of him.

So Weiss escape arc confirmed, I thought the moment of everything coming down for her and her getting her resolve were genuinely powerful and well done scenes. But I thought the bit with her crying was a bit awkward, the fact that she only cries for a few seconds before immediately getting herself together combined with Kara's less than convincing attempts at crying kind of hurt that moment.

Qrow and Ruby vs Tyrion was a step up in animation quality from my view points (waits for all the animations buffs to show up and talk about how much it sucked) and I really enjoyed it. But I don't think Ruby being able to make a meaningful impact on the fight made a whole lot of sense and Tyrion's threat is somewhat diluted since he was sent packing, with a pretty grievous injury to boot. Still it had some good character moments for Ruby and her cutting off Tyrion's tail was a cool scene (the fact that it wasn't even a big move that did it only added to the cool factor).

Looks like there will be an expo dump next episodes, I can't be too mad at this, since the situation actualy justifies it.

I wonder is this going to be a thing with Ruby maiming all the members of Salem's evil league of evil? First Cinder's eye, now Tyrion's tail, is Watts's mustache next.

I really liked this episode (easily one of the best of the volume), but there a few things that don't quite sit right with me.

5. Fog

Fog Member

Loving how they've managed to convey emotion so well, simply through action (Weiss getting slapped) or words (Tyrian calling Ruby a bitch was surprising, but really effective).

Even if Qrow dies, Tyrian (and subsequently the bad guys as a whole) have still faced a lost with the whole mutilation thing. What I love is how the villains, starting with Cinder's 'WHAT' in reaction to silver eyes, have themselves seemed more flawed, and thus more like people. Cinder and Tyrian have faced huge losses of body parts (whilst remaining competent threats) and Salem doesn't know where the 'relic' is. Much prefer this than borderline Villain Sue Cinder who knew what to do, when to do, never got caught, and when interfered with would just turn around minimise the damages asap

6. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

As though ready made, I have the mental image of Watts restrained in a barber chair slowly getting a shave from Ruby using her scythe.

7. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

I don't know whether the website crashed because I got in right as the chapter went live but it was very slow to load and I had to watch it in 15-20 second intervals.

8. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

Either way Cinder is going to find it hilarious when Tyrion comes back without tail, after all the shit he talked to her about losing an eye.

9. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

Salem could have a career change to open "Salem's Regenerative Hospital for Bad Guys"

Aznpride1207, STRQWinter and Mudkip like this.
  10. Fuse

Fuse Active Member

I thought the fight was a great one especially because it made good use of the surroundings. A pretty good length of the fight was more than 1 v 1 which was also good.

The only part I am not sure about was JNR on the sidelines most of the time. The reason I say "not sure" is because I can understand them heeding Qrow's warning not to get close while Ruby disregards that because of her emotional attachment to him.