1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Vol 4, Ep 8: A Much Needed Talk

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Dec 31, 2016.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

You're putting words in Qrow's mouth. He never said it doesn't affect him, if that actually is the case.

But again, I come back to the main point that this is all in Qrow's head because he has low self-esteem and a low sense of self-worth. He believes that he causes misfortune and thinks that everything bad that happens around him is his fault despite the fact that this probably isn't true at all. But thoughts like these are the products of depression and not rational thinking. (Trust me, I know). The truth of the matter is that this line of thinking is really only causing misfortune for himself because he feels so worthless.

Remember, semblances are more than just abilities that exist in a vacuum. They are extensions of the person's soul and their personality, and just as there is an actual physical component, there is a metaphorical one as well correlating to the person's personality and character. Qrow's semblance is that he transforms into a crow, which is an extension of his low self-worth because he believes he isn't reliable and just causes problems for those he cares about.

2. Mudkip

Mudkip Well-Known Member

What would he gain from lying to team RNJR, claiming to have a semblance that makes him bad to be around.

3. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

He's not lying. That implies an intent to deceive and cover up the truth. Rather, in his depressive mindset, he BELIEVES what he is saying is true, despite the fact that it's a product of faulty logic born out of blaming himself for things that are beyond his control and were never his fault to begin with.

You're trying to rationalize irrational thoughts when that's your first mistake.

4. BaldursThones

BaldursThones New Member

Mabye what's happening is that in the RWBY world some superstitions exist. So Qrow can turn into a Qrow, but crows are bad luck.

5. White Raven

White Raven Well-Known Member

Blake has apparently no visible scar on her stomach from her Adam stabbed her. Maybe they forgot to add it, since her jacket supposedly covers it, and they did not want to add one just so that people can see it from this certain angle. Or, her Aura healed it and left no scar behind. I've seen pics (both clean and naughty ones) where she has a scar. I like it when artists think of small details like that.

[​IMG]

6. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

Wow the writers really missed an oppertunity to make Blake have a cool moment where her Dad sees the scar and raises concern about it...

7. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Or, like I've said multiple times already, he's being metaphorical. Characters are allowed to be metaphorical and not be taken literally every time they open their mouths.

You're twisting the facts to suit your theory instead of twisting your theory to suit the facts.

8. White Raven

White Raven Well-Known Member

Maybe she will show it when she meets Yang again. Should be easy to update her model and add a scar. We didn't get to find out yet why Blake ran away (thanks to Sun), so maybe that answer will be revealed when she meets Yang. The scar and the answer could help make the scene more touching and dramatic.

MechaG11 likes this.
  9. AceofAces

Staff Member Admin

Perhaps, but then we would still miss out on a great father-daughter moment where Ghira makes a big deal about how Blake almost died and pleads with Blake to stay home where it's safe, but ultimately letting up if/when he's confident Blake can take care of herself and do what is right. Ghira might try to put his foot down and refuse to let Blake leave, but I don't think he'll be as rigid as Jacques Schnee was with Weiss, and I think he'll be much easier to persuade since he actually cares about his daughter's well-being.

Aznpride1207 and MechaG11 like this.
  10. Mezzo Fourte

Mezzo Fourte Well-Known Member

Blake has abandoned her high-waisted shorts; if the scar were still hidden and not something forgotten by the animators, there's two options.

Either
    1) It was more to the left or right than dead-center, and it's concealed under her white jacket, or…

…2) Adam stabbed her considerably lower than thought. As in like, right above where the two halves of her pelvis meet. Probably meaning he destroyed her reproductive system.

"I will make it my mission to destroy everything you love."