Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Jan 7, 2017.
Glad I could help with that alley oop
This was another great episode. It seems some people didn't think so but I liked it. I think the scene with Tai and Yang was perfect. I also don't think her recovery is moving too fast. A lot of it is happening off screen but is still happening. We have been shown just enough to get a sense of what she's going through. Do people really want more of that on screen? Do want other stuff cut so we can see Yang sturggle with the same things over and over again? I understand that whats happening and its realistic but do we, the veiwers, need to see it? It doesn't really make for interesting television after a certain point, so I'm confused why so many people seem to want more time watching Yang struggle. Like I said earlier, it's not like it isn't happening, it's just off screen.
The scene with Weiss was great as well. She finally summoned fully! I hope she takes the knight and breaks out now. I didn't think it was possible but I think I hate Whitley even more now. I can't believe he came by the pretty much just rub her nose in everything that happened.
The scene with Blake was actually ok. I haven't liked most of her stuff this volume but this was ok. Sun wasn't as annoying as usual. I actually almost hope Sun's going to die cause of this... would serve Blake right for being such an idiot this volume.
Now on RNJR. Qrow is still alive as I expected. I'm pretty sure that the village Ren refused to go to was his old village that Raven's tribe destroyed. I also hope they have to somehow get help from Raven to heal Qrow. Everyone's been saying that Qrow's muttering of "Tai, she's not coming back" or whatever it was is him remembering telling Tai about Raven, but I also think its possible it could be Summer too. Qrow might have somehow found out about her death before him. Idk, he could have been talking about either of them really.
In the end, I really liked this chapter, and really cannot wait to see next weeks episode.
it was overall a fantastic episode.
1. The new Zwei is beautiful. The scene was pointless apart from being a reason to show Zwei.
2. If Weiss can create that thing then she should just create a nevermoore, fly out the window, steal one of papa Schnee's credit cards, take out a couple hundred million and then run away.
3.I think it's pretty cool that sun can create a ton of himself but it's just tireing.
4.Ilia changing colour must be pretty helpful considering the fact that she is a spy so she should of turned dark green so she wouldn't of been seen in the first place.
5. Ilia's weapon is awesome
6. The end of the scene with Blake made me ship Blake and Sun once again.
7. Its pretty obvious something bad will happen to either Ruby and Jaune or Ren and Nora as they split up.
8. I think we Qrow's time is up.
9. I think we're gonna see the biggest Grimm yet. I think it will be a Beowolf.
10. Jaune's last line of the episode gave me the feels.
11. I really liked how we saw all four main characters this episode however I would of liked Blake's scene to be longer.
12. Yay, this is the longest post I have written on the forums.
Alright let's talk about today's offering from RT
So Yang is pretty much getting used to live with her robo arm and looks like her talk with Tai help her regain some of her better character traits. While I rose an eyebrow at when Tai was starting to compare Yang to Raven, I did understand the point he was making in that Yang has all the good parts of Raven but is also her own person.
Weiss finally has had enough of all this garbage with her family and summon the knight finally which hopefully she will use as both an escape tool and a middle finger to her old man. So it looks like the sisters of this family are the only ones wanted to make something of themselves with their own talent, makes sense why Winter was trying to Weiss last volume.
What this! Sun actually trying to do something useful...and then getting hurt...damn RT you were so close to making Sun awesome. Still Ilia's interactions with Blake make me wonder if there are still White Fang members that she used to work with that don't want to hurt her unlike Adam. So Sun is hurt and Blake blame herself again which hopefully finally leads to something finally happen in terms of Blake opening up about to what happened last volume. Still at the same time I hope they don't do something cliche with that interaction between them because it would be nice for them to have serious conversation without Sun's crush or comedy ruining it.
Yes Qrow is alive, but Ren and Nora are not going with Ruby and Jaune to get help for him. While some may not agree with Ren's reaction and Nora's decision, I think it highlights why Ruby and Jaune were made leaders. Jaune may still be upset with Qrow and the whole situation involving Pyhrra, but he still wants to help him. Of course Ruby is trying to do her best to make Jaune feel better which shows the care and support she wants to give to people she knows. That footprint is not a good sign.
Overall it was nice to see all four girls get screentime, especially now with only three episodes left.
RT certainly knows the art of the tease, but I really hope they have something in the payoff at the end of the volume. While the Qrow-Tyrion fight was nice, it's not enough of a release for the amount of tease and build up that has been offered. Otherwise, another enjoyable episode.
It looked like a horse hoof print i'm guessing.
Yup, that it is
Really only three episodes left?
Is it me or does anyone else feel a little bit of contempt for Ruby at this point? I just feel that we've had the least progress when it comes to her arc (no pun intended) with even Blake's somewhat more fruitful; instead of being there for her sister and her father, she went off and has accomplished nothing in that time.
As for Taiyang- both Summer and Raven left their daughters in good hands though I have a feeling that it would be quite heart wrenching if something happened to him at this point; just have that feeling. It would be cool to see him and Yang make their way to go after Ruby- maybe even encountering Raven on the way.
Also going to cal it now: I think Raven will save Qrow and come into contact with Ruby; which I am looking forward to for multiple reasons
Weiss seems to be getting the most growth this Series; looking forward to her breaking out though I am curious to where she goes- to join Ruby or end up with one of the other two girls?
Re-watched episode bright and early at morning, and I've got two things to add.
1. To hear voice of Church telling someone to "keep emotions in check" and be levelheaded - now that's ironic. I haven't recognised Tai's voice back in the end of V3 because of, you know, he wasn't yelling or whining. And now this? Pure gold. But, on a more serious note, it was a really good scene. I like to see how Tai does not hold his punches. Yes, he haven't gone all-out of course, but he gives his daughter run for her money: better some bruises here and now than another defeat or worse later. Also, it was very, very nice to see how Tai is recovering himself by helping recover Yang. Judging by the way he acted it is safe to assume that he already had got out of his shell some time after Summer's death, but it's good to see that he's able to remember his runaway wife with a smile and talk about her now. It must be hard for him to see Raven's traits in Yang, but looks like he had got over it. Maybe he will tell Yang more about her mother now, and therefore will help Yang with her issues. Both of them had already done good job with it, but there's always room for improvement. What can I say? Xiao-Longs are tough cookies, that's for sure.
2. Fattie Zwei. Seriously, I do realise that there is new graphic engine, but come on! Zwei really looks like he was just eating adn sleeping the whole time-skip! Come on, buddy, how are you supposed to fight another hijacked MECs while you're so out of shape?
3. Also, the third point, which had kinda come up while I was writing about Zwei. Yep, Jaune's Semblance finally have run out of juice and now they are mapless. It will teach these kids how NOT to throw away their map before entering every deserted village!