1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Weiss Schnee

Discussion in 'RWBY Characters' started by Yang Xiao Long, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Alexlayer

Alexlayer Well-Known Member

Music, and singing's just one aspect of it. The Manga expanded her character and showing she's skilled with many instruments. Keep in mind that Weiss is a person driven to excell, so just things like practing her swordplay or anything that hones her skill and qualities would be worthy and proper means to pass the time for her.

2. SleepyEskimo

SleepyEskimo Well-Known Member

Well, as I read the manga of Weiss' origin, I found out she's a quick learner. Possibly knowing some weapon knowledge.

3. SleepyEskimo

SleepyEskimo Well-Known Member

>Never seen White Trailer
    >Still don't get why Weiss got a scar.

[​IMG]

4. Godzuko

Godzuko Member

The refined Weiss Schnee, the elegant, if a bit cold, heiress of the Schnee Dust Company. I love her glyphs and all the functions they serve. Summoning is quite an interesting power, though I do worry a little that once she masters it, she will overuse it. I've always had a soft spot noblewomen who have a heart of gold, and Weiss is no different. I like Weiss' relationship with Ruby, they really do have a good, fun dynamic going. However, I do wish they put more focus on her relationship with Blake.

It'll be interesting to see what exactly is going on between her and her father and how Winter fits into all this.

BlakJakXXI, STRQWinter and Alexlayer like this.
  5. TheTieBreaker

TheTieBreaker Well-Known Member

@TheOmegaDynasty Continuing this discussion here. Weiss will make Ruby's Crescent Rose cookie in Vale. Then she will do her traveling to reunite with her friends and team, ending with a meeting with Ruby. Weiss will present the cookie, proclaiming her love/friendship. Ruby will take a bite, only to make a disgusted face because Weiss may suck at making food and it's been sitting in her backpack for months. And that is how the cookie will get to Ruby.

6. TheOmegaDynasty

TheOmegaDynasty Well-Known Member

There are a few problems with your theory. First of all, how do you expect Weiss to escape Atlas? If you recall, she was just in the middle of an invasion of Vale that destroyed a CCT tower causing worldwide communications to cease. In fear of his heir's potential demise, Papa Schnee took Weiss to Atlas in order to keep her under guard. Her being the heir to the Schnee Dust Company, it is safe to assume that Papa Schnee will keep her under constant guard and surveillance at all hours of the day. Her chances of leaving Atlas are almost slim to none. Even if she were to somehow miraculously escape, how do you suppose she will she find her teammates? During her time with team RWBY, I assume she heard of Ruby's and Yang's home at Patch, but I doubt she knows the house's exact location. Even if she reaches the house, who's to say Yang will help her or even be there by that point? As for the others, nobody has seen Blake since the invasion and the only one who knows the current location of team RNJR is Qrow, who's tailing them. Finding them would take a long time. Time, she doesn't have since Salem and her minions are going to be making their next play very soon.

As for the whole cookie situation, why would Weiss only make a cookie for only Ruby? I assuming she made the cookie as a symbol of friendship since they have not shown any romantic attraction for one another. (Not ship hating, just making a joke. Don't want this to come off wrong.) It seems quite rude she didn't make cookies for the rest of her friends. How unbecoming of an heiress.

7. TheTieBreaker

TheTieBreaker Well-Known Member

Meant to say Atlas, not Vale. Weiss will escape after convincing her father that she needs to be out there fighting or with assistance from Winter and possibly Ironwood if he's alive still. Weiss will either hear about Cinder in Haven and go there knowing Ruby would chase her down, or go to Patch and get info from Taiyang. All the while patching (eh?) things up with the Kingdoms about Atlas attacking innocents. And if she wants to make cookies for the rest of the team fine whatever, it's just combining Weiss, cookies, and Crescent Rose all together is the ultimatum trio of things Ruby can have.

(Your writing good sir, it's like a hedgehog. It makes me laugh so hard while poking holes in everything it touches XD)

8. TheOmegaDynasty

TheOmegaDynasty Well-Known Member

I only have a few minor nitpicks with this theory. The first one dealing with Weiss's potential escape plan. Let me start this off by reciting a commonly known fact, we have almost no idea what kind of man Papa Schnee is. We can only assume from the White trailer and various other sources are that Papa Schnee is a cold, harsh individual that places his company before his family. From this assumption, we can assume that he'll place the well-being of the company before the needs and wants of his family. This would make it nigh impossible for Weiss to convince Papa Schnee to let her, the heir and future of his company, venture into a world spiraling into chaos and madness. However, as I said before, we know nothing about Papa Schnee except for the assumptions we have created from current evidence. For all we know, Weiss could potentially convince Papa Schnee to let her leave, but I doubt he will let her go. As for the Winter and Ironwood idea, Ironwood has no reason to help Weiss escape from her father. On the contrary, it would be in Ironwood's best interest to take Weiss back to Papa Schnee in the event she somehow escaped. By doing this, he would be able to improve his relations with Papa Schnee, thus the Schnee Dust Company. Winter, on the other hand, would be far too busy helping Ironwood deal with the ongoing international crisis to aid Weiss.

On a minor note, regarding Weiss patching things up with the other Kingdoms, the Kingdoms of Remnant have no reason to believe anything Weiss has to say. She is no position of power, in Atlas, and she lacks any evidence proving Atlas's innocence. She has no way of proving that Atlas was not behind the slaughter of innocence in Vale. Everything else you said, in my opinion, sounds perfectly fine.

(Thank you for the compliment, I'm sorry that my responses are so long. I try to be as brief as possible, but I always just end up typing a small essay. This actually very tiring for the mind, I hope you have a good night or day. )

#408 TheOmegaDynasty, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  9. Eights

Eights Well-Known Member

So, not sure if anyone else noticed this, but I'm rewatching volume 3 with @Ashland and @ThatGuyRob and we noticed something about Weiss' credit card.

BullshitCreditCard.png

It doesn't have an actual expiration date! It just reads 00/00! There's no listed date! Maybe this is why it got declined. It wasn't Jacques tightening the leash on his daughter, the salesman just smelled BS and threw it out.

Mudkip likes this.
  10. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

Or it's like the Bat credit card. were it's expiration date is infinity.