1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Why the Majority of OC-Centered Stories are Bad

Discussion in 'RWBY Fandom' started by KineticKaiser, Oct 22, 2013.

1. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

I try to disconnect my OCs from whatever cannon I base them off of. Just because it's easier to manage. I'm used to figuring out how characters fit into their world and other characters. That's what happens when you try to make a Superhero story large enough to rival that of Marvel or DC.

I actually don't find myself doing this much. I've made characters since I was 10 and it's always been for the sake of humor or fun. I look at my Fighting Foodon OCs and still enjoy them. Most characters I've scrapped usually make an upgraded comeback.

2. ProtagonistAlert

Not in the sense of fanfiction OCs- the horrid fanfiction I wrote in the Dark Times didn't have any- but I look at roleplaying characters I made years ago (heck even a year ago) and just think... "Why. Why did I think that was a good idea. Why did I think that'd be cool." I recall one time when I basically totally ripped off the backstory from an anime character, even though it made absolutely zero sense in the universe the RP was in.

It's always a good sign when you feel that way though- it shows you're growing as a writer.

Jaxrond likes this.