1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

World of Remnant: Atlas

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Oct 19, 2016.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Now's the time for Atlas living at the "top of the world."

- Atlas is the newest kingdom to be created, and considered one of the most successful
    - Atlas did not exist before the Great War. Back then, it was Mantle, on the continent of Solitas
    - Atlas is mostly frozen (as if you couldn't tell from the map), yet this actually worked to the people's advantage since the harsh weather conditions kept the Grimm away.
    - In order to survive, they dug underground (presumably to take advantage of geothermal heat) and discovered Dust, utilizing its power for their survival, and they were pioneers in this field (which we could guess considering SDC is in Atlas)
    - During the Great War, much of their attention towards energy research was switched over to weapons and military R&D, particularly by its combat school Austius.
    - After the Great War, Austius was converted into Atlas, and many amenities were added to the school's campus to provide for soldiers returning from battle, and build its own community, including residential areas. Over time, the military and its scientists moved in.
    - After a while of having the City of Mantle living under Atlas' shadow, the capital of the kingdom was moved to Atlas, and the transition from Mantle to Atlas was complete. Atlas continued on in prosperity, while it sounds like Mantle suffered and was left behind.

Not exactly what I had in mind for the fall of Mantle, but I suppose it makes sense. I envisioned a military coup or Mantle being overrun by Grimm, forcing everyone to retreat to Atlas and build a new kingdom out of the ashes, one that was more of a police state than its predecessor in order to provide safety and security. Instead, it's a situation where Atlas was just more prosperous due to it being the center for military and technological advancement.

2. SleepyEskimo

SleepyEskimo Well-Known Member

Atlas is literally a land of snow, I somehow liked it. In a lore sense Grimms disliking the cold seems to be an advantageous. (I wondered why they used those Ice Dust more?)

MechaG11 likes this.
  3. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

I don't think it's so much Grimm having a special weakness/ dislike of cold (atleast not more than any other living thing) it's more a case of arctic weather just being that hostile. Humans have the advantage since they can build shelters (especially with the advance of technology enabling the to heat said shelters) which means they don't have to deal with the hostile climate, the same way that Grimm or other animals do.

4. heavysupportgunsmith

heavysupportgunsmith Well-Known Member

What i bassicaly understood from all the lore theories and speculations
    Mantle-USSR
    Atlas-modern day Russia

Buck likes this.
  5. 8flight

8flight Member

Menagerie = Australia
    Vale = Americas
    Mistral = Asia
    Atlas = Europe
    Vacuo = Africa

Buck likes this.
  6. Buck

Buck Member

So Atlas academy actually IS the city. That is fairly interesting, as I was under the impression that the city was merely named after its associated combat school after Mantle fell.