1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

World of Remnant: Schnee Dust Company

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Dec 17, 2016.

1. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Yeah, putting this right between parts 1 and 2 of the Tyrian fight was a terrible idea.

Demetrion and KineticKaiser like this.
  2. Terra125

Terra125 Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you don't like the WoRs wait till the Volume is over then you can marathon it. I've accepted at this point we're going to be getting a WoR every other week.

3. KineticKaiser

KineticKaiser Impyrrial Inquisitor
    Staff Member Admin

Just because you've accepted constant interruptions to the series proper for reminders that they have no clue how to properly build a setting without info dumping doesn't mean I have to. I shouldn't HAVE to wait for the volume to end before its tolerable to go through it. WoRs were a questionable idea to begin with and rather than working on their world building skills and phasing it out, they've defaulted to leaning heavily on WoR. WoR has become a nuisance rather than an enjoyable look into the greater setting.

The worst part is that this particular topic could have been blended into an actual episode with so little effort it isn't even funny.

4. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

@KineticKaiser

To be fair they actualy do feature the actual important info from WoR, in the series proper. So whatever other criticisms there are of the concept, I don't think using it as world building crutch is one of them (atleast not in this volume).

The real problem, is that they keep putting them before the episodes that actualy reveal said information when it would be much better to show the WoR after said episode.

5. Fog

Fog Member

Tbh I prefer WoRs like this where it's a full story that would be clumsily inserted into the series

Like how would they get Weiss to organically say 'BTW my dad is evil and married into my family and my grandad was this cool adventurer guy and I'm trying to get my honour back' when this season she's around people who already know?

STRQWinter likes this.
  6. KineticKaiser

Staff Member Admin

They are though. Featuring some information from WoR in an actual episode doesn't mean it's not a crutch. In fact it just proves its a crutch because they outright tell you what's what so you can understand what's up in the very near next episode rather than previously established information that was seamlessly introduced initially being reintroduced via some action/ circumstance/phenomena/etc.

7. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

To be honest, I think her dad marrying his way into the family will probably get mentioned/revealed in the series proper. I imagine the details of her grandad won't get brought up though.

8. KineticKaiser

Staff Member Admin

Why does Weiss have to be the one to say it, and why does the information have to be all dumped at once? It doesn't. Bits of information smoothly shared in a natural way that all comes together sooner or later is a very good way to deliver information to the audience.

9. Terra125

Terra125 Member

Sorry man I have a very "Put up or shut up" mentality. No amount of complaining is going to change anything about this. I fear the divisiveness over these WoRs is going to lead to more complaining than actual discussion. I hope it doesn't come to that and I trust the MODs on this forum will keep that in check.

10. KineticKaiser

Staff Member Admin

"Put up or shut up" is a very submissive attitude to have in regards to quality. My complaints are legitimate, and while they won't change anything that doesn't mean I don't have the right to share them.