1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

World of Remnant: Schnee Dust Company

Discussion in 'RWBY Episode Discussions' started by AceofAces, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Appa311

Appa311 Member

I like this WOR remnant because I thought it was very interesting to learn the origin of the SDC but i wished it explained what Faunus labour was. They talked about it in the beginning and last episode Jacque said he pays humans and Faunus equally so right now I am just assuming he has not to many humans working for him so that's why it's an issue he is treating the Faunus badly.

#31 Appa311, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. Buck

Buck Member

A mildly interesting WOR. I always was under the impression that the SDC had been around longer than that and ownership had been passed down more than once, creating a more gradual decline into the moral grey area the company presently finds itself in.

I said I was going to burst an artery if this episode was a WoR after that cliffhanger, but its Rooster Teeth why am I surprised they love trolling their fans but honestly I think I will live to see the next episode. As long as it isn't a WoR. Then I may actually have an aneurism so please tell my family I loved them.

3. AceofAces

AceofAces Impyrrial Admin at Law, Esq.
    Staff Member Admin

Or he just treats everyone like shit. The Faunus discrimination mentioned before does not translate to him having few humans on his workforce. It might mean that he doesn't have Faunus at management level positions, but I don't think it would be fair to say that he doesn't employ many humans. That's a bit of a jump in logic without corroborating evidence.

But let's also remember that he wouldn't outright admit to underpaying his workers and putting them in awful conditions. His focus is so heavily in PR that everything he says has a spin to it, so you really have to take anything that he says in public with a huge grain of salt.

4. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

Well if it's such a shitty job I could imagine Faunus only going for it because they had no choice. Which does make sense, Atlas is implied to be worse than the other kingdoms when it comes to the Faunus issue, which would lead to them having difficulty getting decent jobs in Atlas. Which in turn leads to the bulk of Jacque's work faunus being Faunus.

5. Appa311

Appa311 Member

True my statement is taken assuming the white fang would not be hijacking his cargo and protesting him unless it was specific to anti Faunus things. I suppose it is possible they are just mad at how shit a person he is but I doubt unless he was doing something specifically to Faunus the white fang would take action.

6. Terra125

Terra125 Member

Okay now that I finally got around to watching this WoR, at least this one was very interesting imo. The humble origins of the SDC and it's gradual turn into a Dust Monopolizing juggernaut with controversial business practices was very insightful. I hope to see Wiess, after she's mastered her Glyph Summoning technique, give her father a big middle finger (Not literally of course) and run off to reunite with her beloved team. <3