1. Hello Guest join the one and only RWBY community to discuss the upcoming RWBY series!
    Dismiss Notice

Yang Xiao Long

Discussion in 'RWBY Characters' started by Yang Xiao Long, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

@Bio

I have no idea what your on about with this Yang being sidelined stuff.

If you mean her just disappearing from the plot for a while and have her recovery happen off screen, then I can maybe see where you're coming from, because I would lying if I said I wasn't worried about that happening (I wouldn't put that kind of mistake past M&K).

If you simply mean she won't have many action scenes, then I don't agree at all. Yang's character arc is going to revolve around coming to terms with what happened, getting used to how things are now, learning to forgive Blake and regaining her old fire. That's a pretty interesting character arc to take Yang on in my opinion and it's a character arc that doesn't require much action (in fact it works better without it).

KineticKaiser likes this.
  2. MechaG11

MechaG11 Well-Known Member

He didn't so much say that she would be sidelined, but that her previous character elements and struggles would be sidelined by her having to take time getting used to the arm. Which I think is silly because there's a lot more going on with her character that goes beyond the arm.

Could she stay in a rut? Yes, but I don't believe it'll be because of the arm.

3. martinjh99

martinjh99 Well-Known Member

I think that Yang is really depressed not because of her arm although that is probably part of it but making things worse is that Blake ran and abandoned her...

Yes I would be down if I had my arm cut off but probably not to the extent that Yang is now. I think she cares a lot about Blake and when she told Ruby that she didn't care why Blake ran was not the truth at all.

MechaG11 likes this.
  4. Cybuster

Cybuster Well-Known Member

It might sound dumb to want a bit of wrestling choreography in RWBY, but dammit I want Yang to do a very european uppercut, at some point.

[​IMG]

#594 Cybuster, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  5. Jic Jic

Jic Jic New Member

Love her so much :D

6. martinjh99

martinjh99 Well-Known Member